6/2021: Wadsworth City Schools is committed to serving our students breakfast and lunch throughout the entire summer. Meals will be distributed from 10:00am-12:00pm at Wadsworth High School, Door # 16, behind the buidling in the dock area. Parents may pick up the meals without children present. This program is for any child in the district ages 2-18. There is a link with a WEEKLY sign up. Please sign up by Monday for pick up on Thursday of the same week. First pick up will be 6/9/21, the last pick up for the summer will be 8/12/21.
Putting a Spotlight on Nutrition:
- Try including spinach or baby kale into recipes at home in order to get your children used to the flavors! Start out with adding favorite ingredients like bacon or garlic with the veggies to entice them!
- Short on time? Try adding more steamed vegetable side dishes to go with your favorite protein. Veggies cook faster and add more fiber and vitamins to your meals than pasta or rice.
- Whole grain breads have been added to the school meal plan for a few years now, try purchasing the whole grain breads for home!
- Want the kids to drink more water? Try filling their glass at meal times so they can just drink what’s in their cup. Want them to have milk instead? Fill the cup with the amount you would like them to consume.
- Try to eat a variety of color groups of veggies at meal and snack times. Each color group offers a different set of vitamins and nutrients.
Having Trouble with your child's PaySchools Central Account? Please call 1-877-393-6628 between the hours of 8:30am-7:30pm M-F