Good afternoon. I'm writing today because Medina County has been lowered to Level 3, Red, on the Ohio COVID-19 Risk Level Guidelines for the Public. It is our understanding that a county lowered from Level 4, Purple, cannot return to that level for a minimum of two (2) weeks. As a result, according to our 2020-2021 School Year Education Continuity Plan and provided our county does not return to Level 4, Purple, the week of December 28, students will return to our buildings on Monday, January 4 according to the following plan:
- For Students in Preschool: Regular in-person schedule, Monday through Thursday;
- For Students in Kindergarten through 8th grade: Regular in-person schedule, Monday through Friday; and
- For Students at Wadsworth High School: Due to the concern over the disruption in learning because of the large number of student quarantines at Wadsworth High School and the board of education’s November 30 decision to move students at Wadsworth High School to remote learning, student return at Wadsworth High School will look like the following:
- If the same state/county quarantine guidelines remain in place (less than six  feet for more than fifteen  minutes in a twenty-four  hour period of time) and our county's COVID-19 data, in particular, incidence rate, remains stable, students at Wadsworth High School will return to school on January 4 in the hybrid model, as defined in Continuity Plan linked above and described in greater detail below.
- If the Ohio Department of Health and the Medina County Health Department decide to change the quarantine guidelines, based upon data from the state study that is ongoing, then students will return to their regular in-person instruction schedule, Monday through Friday.
For planning purposes, students at Wadsworth High School should prepare to return on January 4 in the hybrid model, as we are not certain when the Ohio Department of Health will release the study results and determine if changes to the quarantine guidelines are warranted. If the Ohio Department of Health and the Medina County Health Department decide to change the quarantine guidelines between today and Monday, January 4, we will let you know right away.
While in the hybrid model, students will attend school two (2) days per week, according to the following schedule:
Group A (last name A-K*): Attend school as follows: Monday and Wednesday, 7:35 a.m.-2:34 p.m.
Group B (last name L-Z*): Attend school as follows: Tuesday and Thursday,
7:35 a.m.-2:34 p.m.
*Students with different last names in the same household will be placed into the same group, per the parent/guardian(s) request. Parent/guardian(s) are asked to contact Mr. Gabe Tudor, Assistant Superintendent, at 330-335-1346 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request.
Students will have work to complete at home the days they are not in school. Teachers will provide details to their students regarding this work. Friday will be used as a planning day which will include supplemental in-person instruction and office hours.
Additional information on scheduling for College Credit Plus courses, certain Four Cities Compact programs and certain students with exceptional learning needs will be forthcoming. In addition, our intention is to provide breakfast and lunch to students on the days they are not in school. Additional information on how to sign up for meal bags will be forthcoming as well.
If Medina County were to return to Level 4, Purple, the week of December 28, all students would remain in the remote learning model currently in place. If this were to occur, I will communicate further the week of December 28.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 330-335-1300 or at email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support of our school district.