<<back to Technology Main Page
Chromebook $25 Optional Insurance
- Any CIS, MS, or HS parent/guardian may purchase optional insurance for $25 per year per device
- The insurance fee must be paid in ProgressBook by Sept. 19, or the insurance is not valid.
- There is no deductible.
- There is a limit of 3 repairs with this coverage, per device, per year. If a 4th incident of damage occurs, the family will be billed at the costs shown below.
- This insurance does not cover loss, theft, or willful destruction.
- If a family declines the optional insurance and damage/loss/theft occurs:
- The family will receive a bill equal to the district’s cost to repair/replace the Chromebook
- $90 screen , $90 keyboard, $120 mainboard, $250 Chromebook replacement
- If any student loses their AC adapter, the family will be charged $19.
- No one may repair a Chromebook themselves or pay someone else to conduct the repair (warranty continuity with the manufacturers).
- If a Chromebook stops functioning or encounters a problem due to normal wear and tear, the district will repair the Chromebook free of charge.
- The technology department will take notes and photographs of negligent or willful damage not covered by insurance. This data will be entered into our incident management system.
- For a standalone google document on the optional fee, click here