We are in the process of designing a summer school program for students in grades K-12. While the high school component will look similar to past years, with the exception of additional sections of Algebra due to need and the potential of some type of mental health component, the following is being talked about for the K-8 offering:
- A focus on English/Language Arts and math;
- No cost to students;
- A focus on students who are well below or below on Acadience testing and/or those currently failing a subject;
- A mental health component;
- Offer breakfast and lunch to students (the federal government has extended free food for all students through the summer);
- Transportation to/from school for those who require it;
- Possible requirement of summer school for those who are being placed into the next grade level as opposed to passing into the next grade level; and
- Grades based upon pass/fail or attendance and participation, rather than the issuance of letter grades.
Additional details will be provided as soon as the planning is completed.