Inevitably, a problem can arise with your device that you can't get past. Your microphone won't work, the camera app won't load, Screencastify doesn't start, a specific webpage won't load, etc. We've compiled a list of troubleshooting steps to help you solve nearly any problem.
Chromebook Troubleshooting (***follow these in order***):
1. Press and hold the power button until you see Power Off on the screen. Click Power Off. Then turn your Chromebook back on. This resolves 75% of issues.
1a. If your Chromebook won't turn on? Make sure the AC adapter is plugged in. Press and hold the power button for a full 60 seconds. Close the lid of the Chromebook and count to 10. Open the lid and don't touch anything, wait 30 seconds for the Chromebook to turn on.
2. Close all open Chrome Browser windows. Open a new Chrome browser window. Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper-right. Click on "More tools" and then "Clear browsing data...". Choose the time range "All time" and click the blue "Clear data" button in the lower-right corner. Close Chrome and re-open. See if your issue is resolved.
3. Make sure the Chromebook is up to date. Click on the time, then the gear icon at the top, then on the settings window that pops-up click in the lower-left corner on "About Chrome OS" and click the button that says "Check for updates" or it might say "click to restart to complete the update". Bottom line, make sure your Chromebook is up to date. See if your issue is resolved if an update was performed.
4. Erase the Chromebook. Click on the white circle in the lower-left, expand the tray with the little arrow, and click on Files. This opens a file browser window. Anything that is inside of "My files" will be deleted. If you have items you want to save, drag them to your Google Drive on the left. Next, click here to watch a video showing you exactly how to erase your Chromebook. This does not delete ANYTHING in your Google Drive.
5. If your Chromebook DOES NOT automatically enroll itself, please type in your full email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). I repeat, type in your ENTIRE email address, even the @wadsworthschools.org part so that it eliminates the gapps.wadsworthschools.org part. Press Next, and enter your Google password and Finish.
4. If none of these steps restore the camera functionality, then please email email@example.com or stop by the administration building to get a replacement Chromebook. Click here for the details on when and where this is offered.