Middle School News
Dear Parents/Guardians and New Students,
It is my pleasure to invite you to Spring Orientation Night at Wadsworth Middle School on Tuesday, May 13 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the WMS cafeteria. This will be an excellent opportunity for you and your child to meet the WMS administrators and counselors and take an informal tour of our beautiful building. We will have a short presentation on a typical day at WMS and discuss information that will help your child make a smooth transition to his/her new school. The focus of this orientation will be on the building policies and daily operations. In the past many parents and students have found Spring Orientation Night very helpful in gathering general information and knowing what to expect when they begin school in the fall.
Here are a few important dates you might like to put on your calendar for the upcoming year.
- April 29 OAA 7th Grade READING
- April 30 OAA 8th Grade READING
- May 1 OAA 7th Grade MATH
- May 2 OAA 8th Grade MATH
- MMay 2-3 Fine Arts Festival @ WMS
- May 6 OAA 8th Grade SCIENCE
- May 7 Spring Band Concert @ 7:00 WHS PAC
- May 12 7th Grade WMS Cheerleading Clinic/Parent Meeting 3-5:30 (parent meeting @ 5:30) Coach Dana Berlin
- May 13 7th Grade WMS Cheerleading Clinic 3-5:30
- DATE CHG to May 13 New 7th Graders Spring Orientation 6:30-7:30 @ WMS
- May 15 7th Grade WMS Cheerleading Tryouts (Auxiliary gym) 3-5:00
- May 15 Choir Concert at 7:00 p.m. It is free and runs about an hour, held in the PAC @ WHS
- May 16 Reality Day 8th grade only
PACKET IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE -- QUICK LINKS -- WMS ATHLETICS
April 25 - Friday Last day to sign up for Cheerleading Tryout for 2014-15 School Year
May 12 - Monday Clinic (Main Gym) 3:00-5:30 p.m.
May 12 - Monday MANDATORY Parent/Student Meeting (Main Gym) 5:30 p.m.
May 13 - Tuesday Clinic (Main Gym) 3:00-5:30 p.m.
May 15 - Thursday Tryouts (Auxiliary gym) 3:00 p.m.
This year’s Fine Arts Festival is Saturday, May 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday, May 4, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Wadsworth Middle School. The festival showcases student artwork in grades 1 through 12. Live performances will be featured both days (see schedule below). Everyone is welcome to attend.