Front row (left to right): Julie Batey, Linda Kramer (Vice Pres.), Jody McDougal (President). Back row (left to right): Amanda Gordon, Gary McComas.
2018 Board of Education Meeting Schedule
The Wadsworth City School Board of Education 2018 meeting schedule was set at the January 5 organizational meeting. The Board will meet on the second Monday of each month, as listed below, with the exception of November, which will be held on the third Monday. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. in the Wadsworth High School Performing Arts Center (625 Broad Street).
|Wednesday, January 3
||Monday, May 14
||Monday, September 10
|Monday, February 12
||Monday, June 11
||Monday, October 8
|Monday, March 12
||Monday, July 9
||Monday, November 19
|Monday, April 9
||Monday, August 13
||Monday, December 10
Note: Meetings can be viewed on demand at https://my.viebit.com/ . Select School Board from the drop-down list. It is also shown in rotation on WCTV, channel 16.
Link to Board of Education Bylaws and Policies
Selecting the link above will direct you to the current Board of Education bylaws and policies. As revisions are made to the policies and guidelines, they are submitted to our policy production company, Neola, for processing. As Neola processes our revisions, the policies and administrative guidelines are not accurate on our Neola website (link above). Until the revisions are posted to our Neola website, you can view them by clicking here.
Board of Education Handbook
The Wadsworth City Schools Board of Education has developed a handbook, which you may download here.
The mission of the Wadsworth City Schools, in cooperation with families, school personnel, and community, is to provide an education in a safe environment that will enable all students to reach their highest potential.
- We believe that all students have a right to an education that provides an opportunity to reach their highest potential in an ever-changing global community.
- We believe that each student's education should lead to responsible citizenship and a productive, meaningful life.
- We believe that education should be conducted in a safe environment -- mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially.
- We believe families, school personnel, and the community should accept
joint responsibility for the educational needs of students.
- We believe that our schools should provide the best possible resources to meet student needs.